Latest addition to the 1663 Visitations:
Mainwaring of Newton
Arms: Quarterly of eight:
1. Argent, two bars Gules, a canton Or [Mainwaring]
2. Vert, a tun Or [Newton]
3. Argent, a lion rampant Sable charged on the shoulder with a cross formee Or [Pownall]
4. Argent, on a bend Azure three garbs Or [Fitton]
5. Argent, three birds' heads erased Sable [ ]
6. Or, on a cross Azure five garbs of the field [Milneton]
7. Quarterly Vert and ........ a lion rampant Argent [Olton]*
8. Argent, a chevron Sable between three wrens Proper [Wrenbury]
* These arms are shown as Quarterly Vert and Gules, a lion rampant Argent [Olton] in the second quarter of the arms of Starkey of Wrenbury in the Cheshire Visitations of 1580 http://cheshire-heraldry.org.uk/visitations/CV27.html
The latest edition to the Lancashire and Cheshire Funeral Certificates: Mrs. Jane Leycester, Widow, 1629. Daughter of William Stokes of Ches...
The Chief Herald of Arms of Malta has just sent a round robin email to all who have expressed an interest in his activities alerting them t...
The badge of the Committee of Privileges of The Maltese Nobility I have today received news that The Committee of Privileges of The Malt...
Readers of this weblog will be well aware that I have grave concerns over the lack of any lawful authority behind the acts of the so called...