Latest addition to the 1663 Visitations:
Mainwaring of Newton
Arms: Quarterly of eight:
1. Argent, two bars Gules, a canton Or [Mainwaring]
2. Vert, a tun Or [Newton]
3. Argent, a lion rampant Sable charged on the shoulder with a cross formee Or [Pownall]
4. Argent, on a bend Azure three garbs Or [Fitton]
5. Argent, three birds' heads erased Sable [ ]
6. Or, on a cross Azure five garbs of the field [Milneton]
7. Quarterly Vert and ........ a lion rampant Argent [Olton]*
8. Argent, a chevron Sable between three wrens Proper [Wrenbury]
* These arms are shown as Quarterly Vert and Gules, a lion rampant Argent [Olton] in the second quarter of the arms of Starkey of Wrenbury in the Cheshire Visitations of 1580 http://cheshire-heraldry.org.uk/visitations/CV27.html
The arms of the Office of Chief Herald of Arms of Malta (an office in progress) Well, now that we have finally seen the creation, in late ...
The badge of the Committee of Privileges of The Maltese Nobility I have today received news that The Committee of Privileges of The Malt...
Although I have tried my very best to keep up with what’s happening with the Office of the (so called) Chief Herald of Arms of Malta, it has...
I note that, at last, Malta is attempting to do it right and doing what it should have done in the first place. My reader will already know ...