Wednesday, 15 December 2010
Latest update: Cholmondeley of Cholmondeley
Cholmondeley of Cholmondeley Arms: Quarterly
1. Gules, in chief two esquires helmets Argent and in base a garb Or.
2. Lozengy Argent and Azure, a bend Gules, fretty Or. [Cheney]
3. Argent three capons Sable. [Capenhurst]
4. Quarterly Argent and Gules, in the second and third quarters a fret Or. [Dutton]
5. Argent, on a bend Gules three escarbuncles Or. [Thornton]
6. Vert a cross engrailed Ermine. [Kingsley]
7. Or, a saltire Sable. [Helsby]
8. Azure, on a chevron between three garbs Or, a crescent for cadency. [Hatton]
9. Azure, an estoile within the horns of a crescent Argent. [Minshull]
Crest: A demi-griffin segreant Sable, holding in the claws a helmet as in the arms Argent.
Hugh, born 1661, created baron Cholmondeley of Witch Malbank 10th April 1689.
I've updated a few images on the Funeral Certificates section of the Cheshire Heraldry website. Those of Mrs Sysely Mainwaring, Widow, 1...
The Chief Herald of Arms of Malta has just sent a round robin email to all who have expressed an interest in his activities alerting them t...
The badge of the Committee of Privileges of The Maltese Nobility I have today received news that The Committee of Privileges of The Malt...
Readers of this weblog will be well aware that I have grave concerns over the lack of any lawful authority behind the acts of the so called...