Wednesday, 15 December 2010
Latest update: Cholmondeley of Cholmondeley
Cholmondeley of Cholmondeley Arms: Quarterly
1. Gules, in chief two esquires helmets Argent and in base a garb Or.
2. Lozengy Argent and Azure, a bend Gules, fretty Or. [Cheney]
3. Argent three capons Sable. [Capenhurst]
4. Quarterly Argent and Gules, in the second and third quarters a fret Or. [Dutton]
5. Argent, on a bend Gules three escarbuncles Or. [Thornton]
6. Vert a cross engrailed Ermine. [Kingsley]
7. Or, a saltire Sable. [Helsby]
8. Azure, on a chevron between three garbs Or, a crescent for cadency. [Hatton]
9. Azure, an estoile within the horns of a crescent Argent. [Minshull]
Crest: A demi-griffin segreant Sable, holding in the claws a helmet as in the arms Argent.
Hugh, born 1661, created baron Cholmondeley of Witch Malbank 10th April 1689.
My latest Ebay listing. All of my listings can be found here: A Heraldry Addict's Ebay Listings Heraldry and the Heralds - Hardcover – ...
Readers of this weblog will be well aware that I have grave concerns over the lack of any lawful authority behind the acts of the so called...
It has come to my attention, perhaps rather late in the day (closing date for responses was 29th June 2020), that Kenya is striving to re...
The armorial bearings newly devised and used by the "Office of the Chief Herald of Malta". You may be aware that earlier in...