Plodding my way through the website update, I have now reached the letter L in the Visitations pages. Progress is regrettably rather slow as I have to fit in any updates between normal work commitments but it's getting there.
Nothing to do with Cheshire Heraldry but I understand that in Scotland, Lyon Court updated their price list at the beginning of April (although their web site still shows last years pricing structure).
The new scale of fees is as set out below:
SCALE OF FEES – 1st APRIL 2007.
Summary of statutory fees charged by the Court of the Lord Lyon as at 1st April 2007 and subject to periodic increase by H. M. Treasury
A. New Grant of Armorial Bearings, including shield, crest and motto, together with supporters £1,914.00
B. Matriculation of previously recorded Armorial Bearings, including shield and crest, together with Grant of new supporters £1058.00
C. Matriculation of previously recorded Armorial Bearings, including shield, crest and supporters £777.00
D. New Grant of Armorial Bearings, including shield and crest, with or without motto £l,362.00
E. New Grant of Armorial Bearings, including shield alone, with or without motto £909.00
F. Matriculation of previously recorded Armorial Bearings, including shield and crest £501.00
G. Certificate of Change of Name £111.00
1. Supporters are normally granted only to Peers, Clan Chiefs and those of rank of Knight Grand Cross and upwards. They are only granted to Companies established by Royal Charter or an Act of’ Parliament.
2. Extra charges are made additional to the above basic charges for extra painting work, such as quarterly shields (£110.00 extra).
3. Postal charges are also additional to the above.
4. No money should be sent until the Arms and draft text are agreed, and the Petitioner has been notified of the total amount due.
5. Cheques, in sterling if at all possible, should be made payable to ‘Lyon Clerk for H.M Exchequer’.
Court of the Lord Lyon King of Arms
H.M. New Register House,
I note that, at last, Malta is attempting to do it right and doing what it should have done in the first place. My reader will already know ...
The badge of the Committee of Privileges of The Maltese Nobility I have today received news that The Committee of Privileges of The Malt...
Although I have tried my very best to keep up with what’s happening with the Office of the (so called) Chief Herald of Arms of Malta, it has...
Readers of this weblog will be well aware that I have grave concerns over the lack of any lawful authority behind the acts of the so called...